Dominique Pagès is interested in the communication processes that currently appear in “food” and more specifically in “eating cities”, including food places and – cultural and tourist – event calendar. Her research focuses on cultural and heritage metropolization: she analyses the imagination of nourishing cities and agri-urban places, “Cités de la Gastronomie” (A major French cultural and gastronomic project) projects – in terms of public policies, cultural programming and interpretation center – and new jobs in agri-urban planning.
- mediations and mediatization of food, culinary and gourmet cultures
- the eating metropolis: symbolic factory and public mediations
- places and times of urban agriculture
- tourism and gourmet heritage
- ecological art and food art: when activist art meet science
- exhibition and “museumization” of food heritage
Dominique Pagès is also responsible for the CELSA Master in Cultures, Tourism and Communication.